What Is Fodder Business?
A fodder business is an enterprise entity engaged in agricultural foodstuff used specifically to feed animals and domesticated livestock, such as rabbits, sheep, horses, dogs, fish, birds (love birds, parrots, pigeons), chickens and cattle like cows and goats. If you are planning to start an animal feed business on a small-scale basis then don’t worry, we are here to help you to make your business online and run it effectively.
The Ultimate Guide to Starting A Fodder Business Online.
Starting a fodder business requires a great deal of effort, dedication, and most importantly passion to sell the feed for the welfare of living beings and so, if you're interested in making your fodder business online, you can use this article as a guide for everything you'll need to know.
1. Do a Market Research
Starting a fodder business can be really rewarding work. Before planning to start a business it's important to do ample market research to have a great idea about the product or service, analyze the market and the target audience. Proper market research will lead a way to know more about turning your idea into a successful business. The main methods to do market research to prepare yourself to properly start a business are as follows:
- Research on your own with the help of available resources and surveys.
- Obtain customer data by conducting online surveys or focus group sessions
- Buy expert market research data that will help with incredibly valuable data
- Hire a research firm that is capable of research on every aspect of the product or services and demographics of potential clientele.
2. Secure commercial licenses
The next step that we have to follow to run your business is to obtain a business license to legally register your company, which permits you to operate within your industry and jurisdiction. The types of commercial licenses are as follows:
- Sole proprietorship: If you own the business entirely by yourself you can go for a sole proprietorship license.
- Partnership: if two or more people are held personally liable as business owners for your firm then you can register for a business partnership license.
- Corporation: This legal structure generally makes a business a separate entity from its owners and if you want to separate your liability from your company's liability then you can register for a corporation license.
- Limited liability company: this is One of the most common structures for small businesses and if you wish to have the legal protections of a corporation while allowing for the tax benefits of a partnership, you can go for this license
3. Manage Funds
Funding your business is one of the first — and the most important — financial choices that you have to make as funding your business could affect how you structure and run your business effectively. Once you recognize what proportion of startup funding you’ll need, it’s time to work out how you’ll catch on. The major three funding systems are as follows:
- Self-funding: this system allows you to leverage your financial resources through family or friends for capital and use your savings accounts to support your business.
- Investors: investors can give you funding to start your business in exchange for an ownership share and active role in the company. All you have to do is to find an investor, share your business plan, go through due diligence review, work out the terms and invest.
- Loans: If you want to have complete control of your business, but don’t have enough funds to start, consider a small business loan. For that, you should have a business plan, expense sheet, and financial projections for the next five years.
4. Find resources
Feed resources in India include natural fodders from sown hayfields and pastures and may include field wastes like straw, chaff, and tops of roots and tubers; by-products of milling, vegetable-oil extraction, sugar refining, brewing, alcohol distilling, starch and molasses production, fish and meat processing and dairying, etc.
One of our clients who runs a fodder hub provides varieties of feed for different birds and animal categories depending upon their age and requirements. let’s see how he runs the shop online with the help of Takemyorder to run his business effectively. These are the major animal feeds he sells in his store to maintain a healthier diet for different beings:
- Dogs: focus puppy starter, chicken and egg
- Cats: Lets bite, cat ocean fish
- Bird Food: Arogya food mixes like pigeon mix, love birds mix, cocktail mix, and other millets
- Poultry and quail: SKM layers
- Fish: fish feeds like growel, Taiyo red and green
- Rabbit: Godrej rabbit feed, mother rabbit feed
- Other Animal feeds: husk, bran, groundnut cake, yall, maize powder
For further details about fodderhub, visit their store.
5. Get an inventory or warehouse facility
A feed store is one of the key businesses in many communities as they serve the agricultural farming community and also support pet owners within local urban environments. An inventory or warehouse of feed requires some extensive storage space as You’ll need to store the extra supplies and products that you’ll be bringing in to sell.
6. Choose a sustainable location
Firstly, you have to register your business, pay taxes, and get licenses and permits in the place you choose to locate your business. While choosing the spot for the store you have to check whether it’s in reach of the target market, business partners, and your other personal preferences. That is, you need to set up your fodder store needs to be located within a commercial zone.
7. Hire Employees
To run your store effectively you will need to recruit and hire a great team capable to cater the needs of the customers and thereby getting your company off the ground. Your team must include a couple of staff for different jobs including a delivery boy and to sell feed, you’ll need to have suppliers and distributors who can bring the products to your commercial location.
8. Build an online presence
Before you start selling your product or service, you need to build up your brand and take your reputation online through a standardized company website. Many customers turn to the internet to buy online and sell products and in this way, you can interact with current and potential customers. You can also use social media to introduce your new business with the help of a promotional tool. To make your business online we are there to guide you with Takemyorder which helps you serve your customers by creating your online store quickly in the same way fodderhub created theirs.
9. Marketing strategy and Brand Awareness
This is an important aspect that leads your business fruitful. The main strategies to create brand awareness are as follows:
- Direct Marketing: during this marketing system we'll need to personally attend them and market or sell our products to varied feed stores, stables, boarding facilities, farms, clubs, and race tracks.
- Customer Referral: here, we will be provided with customer incentives for direct referrals, in the form of price discounts.
- Website Marketing: In this system, we will implement our web plan and review the outcome to determine the efficiency it has on our customer base.
- Event Marketing: here we will be able to visit area livestock to hand out flyers, business cards, and product catalogues, and to meet potential customers face to face.
10. Create supplier and distribution network
A distribution network is a system that results in the flow of goods/products from manufacturers or suppliers to an end consumer. It requires right stock lines at the proper place and therefore the right time; coordination of internal and external transport, that guarantees timely delivery following the economic requirements; synchronicity of operation of storage facilities, packaging, and transport, to attenuate the value of raw materials, that permits to scale back its stock at the place of production and stocks of finished products; and synchronization of orders and transport.
Well, while coming to the end of this article, we came to know about selling animal fodder, how to start a fodder business and keep your business running smoothly by staying legally compliant, and do contact us if you wish to run your business online.Food vector created by vectorjuice - www.freepik.com